SHRED the POWder One Minute Video Contest Submission ?⛷❄️❄️❄️ TAKE 2
Page updated: February 6, 2023 at 12 AM PST.
With such an epic powder freshies 2022-23 winter we are witnessing and it’s not over yet, we’d like to invite you to join in the fun by participating in our 2022/23 Tahoe powder skiing, snowboarding video contest to win prizes for sharing your joie de vie.
First prize: $100 USD to do as your heart desires; put it towards next season pass or offset your decadent Sushi Yoshizumi gourmet dining experience.
Second prize: Round-trip Ski Bus Day Trip Transportation of your Choice to any Tahoe resorts on the ski bus calendar (expires 4/12/2023) sponsored by Tahoe Ski Trips (view the bus trip schedule). TST also offers corporate and private small group ski bus trips customized to your preferences. Ask for a ski bus trip quote (minimum 22 passengers to a maximum of 55).
Third prize: a Sugar Bowl Resort ski lift voucher that lets you buy an adult lift ticket for $20 (regular ticket window: $168 Saturday pricing)
Fourth prize: $25 e-gift card for your choice of Starbucks Coffee, Peet’s Coffee or Philz’s Coffee.
Video submission deadline: Tuesday February 7, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST
Tip: kick it up a notch by using a free online video editing software to edit and add music to your video before you upload it; ie. https://clipchamp.com/en/video-editor/
How to submit your 1 minute of shredding pow video to the contest:
1) Upload your one minute video to YouTube and include this tag line:
“SnowPals.org SHRED THE POW CONTEST VIDEO ENTRY/Submission” as part of the description of your video. Remember to include the date and resort or Sierra backcountry you recorded this video at. Bonus points for detailing the description of the lift access/trail you took to get to this alpine downhill skiing/riding run.
2) to send us the direct YouTube link/URL to where your video is posted.
By submitting your video to SnowPals’ contest, you agreed to give SnowPals permission to share your video.
The SnowPals Team will pick the top 5 videos, from which we will run a poll for viewers to select the top four winners. The poll to pick the winners will run from Feb 7, and will conclude on Feb 14 at 11:59 PM PST. Winners names will be announced on Feb 15 at 10 PM PST on our Twitter feed.
Powder skiing/snowboarding video contest selection process/rules:
One video entry per person. Videos must be recorded between December 2022 until present day. Your one minute video recording must be at a Lake Tahoe/ Sierra Nevada ski resort or Sierra mountain backcountry. Videos must show a skier or snowboarder engaging in skiing/riding powder: either first person point of view POV recording (GoPro) or by a ski/ride buddy who has recorded you skiing/riding powder using an iPhone/smartphone.
Get the inside scoop on Tahoe money saving tips such as which resorts to go for lift ticket deals, free birthday lift ticket, learn to ski, snowboard package deals, apres ski happy hour venues, etc at
* Join our fun informal happy hour meetups organized by SnowPals members to connect for Tahoe ridesharing (share expenses, help reduce impact to our environment, expand your contacts for ski & ride buddies).
* Book a SF Bay Area to Tahoe ski resorts SKI BUS trip: one day, overnight trips; also makes a great gift for holidays, birthdays, etc.
* Rideshare to your favorite Tahoe resort and for those who are holders of Epic Pass, Ikon Pass, Mountain Collective Pass, or other multi-resort season pass, connect for POWDER trips to Utah, Colorado, Whistler, Europe, Japan, South America and other worldwide snow destinations.
Know of family or friends who love snow sports? Share this page with friends and family via , twitter, facebook.