Our November featured “giving back” spotlight goes to Tahoe Ski Trips (TST) for their commitment to fundraise $10,000 to $20,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) by the end of the 2019; help them reach their fundraising goal.
“Until the end of 2019, we are going to donate $1 of EVERY seat sold on our buses. Help us reach our fundraising goal to help LLS end blood cancers affecting children and adults globally. We know that not everyone has the means to do so, and we do not expect anyone to go beyond their means, but we hope that some of you will find that this charity is worth while, for a great cause, and something we can all agree needs our attention! Click here to visit the donation page (your donation is tax deductible).” – Kevin
== 'Pay It Forward' Giveaway ==
Donate & Get Entered to Win Lift Tickets Pack, Sugar Bowl Unrestricted Lift Ticket, Ski Bus Trip to your Choice of Tahoe Resort for Two & Sports Basement Gift Card!
SnowPals.org will hold giveaway drawings until the end of 2019; the following prizes will be given away to those who donate to this Fundraising Drive..
– Monday November 25, 2019 and get entered into our Tahoe Snowbomb VIP lift ticket pack giveaway drawing which includes: 2-for-1 (BOGO) lift tickets to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Homewood lift ticket, Bear Valley lift ticket, China Peak lift ticket, and a skis/snowboard and rental package. Click here to see lift tickets and rental restrictions. Winner’s name will be listed here on 11/26/19. Congrats to Eric, – you won the lift tickets pack. Please to claim your prize.
– Monday December 02, 2019 and get entered into our $25 Sports Basement gift card giveaway good for any sporting goods at Sports Basement’s 10 retail stores in the Bay Area or online with no minimum purchase free shipping. Winner’s name will be listed here on 12/03/19. Bookmark and check back to claim your prize if you see your name posted here. Congrats to Jeremy, – you won $25 Sports Basement gift card – good for any sporting goods online (with free shipping, no minimum purchase) or at their 10 Bay Area retail stores. Please to claim your prize.
– Monday December 16, 2019 and get entered into our giveaway drawing of a Sugar Bowl Unrestricted Lift Ticket ($125 value). Winner’s name will be listed here on 12/17/19. Bookmark and check back to claim your prize if you see your name posted here.
– Monday December 30, 2019 and get entered into our giveaway drawing of a ski bus one day trip for two (operated by Tahoe Ski Trips) to your choice of Tahoe resort ($410 value) . Winner’s name will be listed here on 12/31/19. Bookmark and check back to claim your prize if you see your name posted here.
Not familiar the different types of blood cancer?
Types of Blood Cancers affecting children and adults world-wide..
(1) leukemia: “Leukemia is cancer of the body’s blood-forming tissues, including the bone marrow and the lymphatic system. Many types of leukemia exist. Some forms of leukemia are more common in children. Other forms of leukemia occur mostly in adults. Leukemia usually involves the white blood cells.” – Mayo Clinic
(2) “Lymphoma is cancer that begins in infection-fighting cells of the immune system, called lymphocytes. These cells are in the lymph nodes, spleen, thymus, bone marrow, and other parts of the body. When you have lymphoma, lymphocytes change and grow out of control.” – WebMD
(3) Hodgkin’s disease: “Hodgkin’s disease (HD) is a type of lymphoma, which is a blood cancer that starts in the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system helps the immune system get rid of waste and fight infections. HD is also called Hodgkin disease, Hodgkin lymphoma, and Hodgkin’s lymphoma.” – Healthline
(4) Myeloma: “Multiple myeloma is a cancer that forms in a type of white blood cell called a plasma cell. Plasma cells help you fight infections by making antibodies that recognize and attack germs. Multiple myeloma causes cancer cells to accumulate in the bone marrow, where they crowd out healthy blood cells.” – Mayo Clinic.
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), a 501c charitable organization founded in 1949, is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting blood cancer. The LLS’s mission is: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS is the voice for all blood cancer patients and works to ensure access to treatments for all blood cancer patients.
Some disconcerting facts..
“Every 3 minutes there will be someone diagnosed with a blood cancer.
Leukemia is the #1 most diagnosed form of childhood Cancer!
Before 2019 is over there will be more than 140,000 people told that they have either Leukemia or Lymphoma.
More than 40,000 people will die in 2019 from these two forms of Cancer..”
About Tahoe Ski Trips (TST)
Tahoe Ski Trips is a tour & event management company that specializes in coordinating ski & adventure tours, senior graduation trips and guided wildlife tours. TST (Tahoe Ski Trips) opened its doors in 1996 as Bay Area Ski Bus and today runs over 500 trips & tours per year! Management has over 40 years of combined experience producing tours and events ranging from skiing, to golf trips, wine trips and out of state adventures! Operating with integrity and a commitment to quality, TST contracts with the finest transportation companies and recreation outfitters with fantastic reputations and safety records. We focus on the details, while you focus on having fun! Our quality and service is unmatched! – TahoeSkiTrips.net
“Once a month, we select a nonprofit organization to spotlight; we spotlight nonprofit organizations whose work is dedicated to improving lives and whose charitable passion is mission focused and whose ♥ knows no bounds.” – Tim | For Tahoe ski trips, join SnowPals.org – we’re a San Francisco Bay Area based snow-sports club (informal, no monthly meetings/web-based with social meetups) for busy professionals, since 1999.
* Join our winter season kickoffs throughout the SF Bay Area for drinks + eats. Get stoked by watching ski/ride film screenings. Join our engagingly fun events to connect with skiers, boarders for winter season ride-sharing to/from Tahoe resorts.