Our photo contest is for those who are Tahoe RideShare Drivers – to enter our contest, submit by posting to Instagram tagging @snowpalsdotorg and using the hashtag #snowpalsdotorg a photo of you and at least one other ride-share passenger next to your ride at your Tahoe SNOW destination.
Alternatively, post your photo on Facebook using tag @SnowPals to enter the contest.
You can also submit your entry with the form below.
* Photo tips: a) if you take a photo of your car, use an online photo editor to white out your license plate if it is visible b) be sure to take a photo of you + your ride-sharing passenger(s) in ski / snowboarding attire next to your car + with a backdrop of the snow covered mountain will get you bonus points.
RideShare Photo Contest Prizes:
+ 1st place prize: $100 to go towards your choice of season pass for 2019/20 or to spend it on snow-sports gear or whatever your heart desires AND a $50 Sports Basement Gift Card
+ 2nd place prize: One Day All Inclusive Ski Bus (RT bus transport, breakfast, lift ticket, after ski snacks/drinks) by Tahoe Ski Trips (formerly Bay Area Ski Bus).
(2) Tahoe Ski & Ride POWDER Video Contest
To apply, submit a video of 60 seconds or less of you or a friend skiing or riding powder by posting to Instagram tagging @snowpalsdotorg and using the hashtag #snowpalsdotorg
Alternatively, post your 60 seconds or less video on Facebook using tag @SnowPals to enter the contest.
You can also submit your entry with the form below.
Contests entry period is between Saturday December 8, 2018 and Sunday March 17, 2019 ending at 11:59 Pacific Standard Time (PST). By submitting your entry, you are consenting to our contests’ terms and conditions.
SnowPals.org will announce 1st and 2nd place contest winners for both contests right on this page on Tuesday March 19, 2019 (Bookmark this page for easy reference/to revisit).
SnowPals is the largest snow sports community on the West Coast with 8,055 members and growing; 2018/19 season is our 20th year of service to the San Francisco Bay Area’s community of skiers and snowboarders (of all skill levels). Our members are 85% busy professionals and and about 15% university students residing in the SF Bay Area.
SnowPals’ core mission is to bring SF Bay Area residents together to enjoy Snow Sports; specifically we work diligently to bring awareness and encourage people to pool resources to ride share to Lake Tahoe Area resorts to reduce carbon footprint impact to our environment.
Our members are from all parts of the Bay Area (SF, East Bay, South Bay, Peninsula, and North Bay) representing a diverse community of Bay Area residents who are singles, couples, people who are married, with and without children. What our members share in common is a love for snow sports. New to SnowPals? Join us for Tahoe ride-shares and to expand your circle of ski and ride buddies. 😉
Life is about cultivating friendships, traveling and sharing experiences; SnowPals invite you to join us in our mission to enjoy and share skiing and snowboarding experience and create lasting memories and friendships.
Join us to connect with skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels for trips to Tahoe and to snow destinations beyond.
Avoid the trap of old routines with shrinking circles of friends. Expand your FUN horizon by connecting with SnowPals and experience the snow season in a new exciting way. Network, connect and socialize with our active and friendly memberships. Come join our pre-snow season ski-and-ride movie screenings, rideshares, ski leases, snow events, parties, giveaways and wine / beer socials. Our members often extend group activities in to the summer seasons. Some of our off-season activities included nature hikes, sky-diving, mountain biking, wineries tours and BBQ parties. Activities are generally free of charge.
Ski and snowboard friendships often last a lifetime as they are built on a core shared interest.
“Create ski and snowboarding memories today so when in later years, you’ll reminisce about moments that will likely to triggered joyful smiles. Simply priceless 😉 “- SnowPals
What adventure(s) have you checked off your bucket list this year?
How do I join? Is there a membership fee?
Unlike other ski and snowboard clubs with yearly recurring membership fees, join us with only a one-time membership fee of $20. This one-time fee helps us pay for web hosting, technical website services, group management and various operations such as facilitating Bay Area-Tahoe ride shares and organizing social events. Our members range from newbies to experts in snow sports. Members ages vary from 18 to well into the 70s (single people and married couples with and without kids).
✔ Access to our Tahoe ridesharing/carpool members network of 8,055 members as of September 2018 (a free alternative to fee-based Uber, Lyft and other ridesharing services)
✔ Participate in fun and engaging social events
✔ We often hold giveaway raffles for swag and lift tickets at our events
✔ In the off-season, we may facilitate connections for outdoors activities such as hiking, road cycling, mountain biking, wakeboarding, surfing, etc. to encourage an active lifestyle.
Founded in 1999 by a small group of friends; we’re now 8,055 members and growing. Celebrating our 20th year of helping to connect folks to expand their circle of snow sports activity partners.
* A few of our newly joined members’ intros from November to December 2018:
“Hello, I’m frequently driving back and forth from South Lake Tahoe to the Peninsula close to the weekends. I ferry my 6 year old daughter back and forth so we can ski together, but she’s with her dad during the school week. So, sometimes she’ll be in the car and sometimes it’s just me. I have a ski lease now, but hope to relocate to the area. I only travel during low traffic times. Hoping to connect with some weekly carpoolers!” – Ellen
– “Hello there! I moved from France to the Bay Area a couple of years ago but finally decided to get a season pass this year (Epic Local for Kirkwood, Heavenly and North Star) I don’t have a FWD car so I’m looking for ski buddies who would be willing to share the ride, ideally super early Sat mornings, but could also make it work some Fridays. I am an intermediate / advanced skier, perfectly comfortable skiing on my own but I would love connecting with people of similar level – powder is always more fun with friends!” – Laura
– “Hi, I have been in the Bay Area for awhile (since 2000), married with kids, but still like to go snowboarding / skiing when I can. I have used the ski bus a number of times in the past, but this year I have an Ikon pass so have to focus on ride-sharing to Squaw Valley as often as possible. Either me driving up and taking a passenger, or joining in with someone who is already driving up. I’m the “quiet / dependable” engineer type. If I say I’ll be ready to go at 4 am I’ll be there on time and ready to go. Cheers!”- Eric
– “I’m super excited since I just relocated to Petaluma which is a bit closer drive to Tahoe and one of my fav most beautiful places to snowboard. I’m mainly interested the Tahoe rideshare because I don’t have a 4 wheel drive vehicle and don’t trust driving in storms. I am flexible on resort we go to and am interested in crashing at a ski lease as a guest for only a couple of nights if available. I usually can take off Fridays so we can leave early in the AM. I’m also able to meet up somewhere in East Bay or Sacramento and then we carpool from there. Super excited to shred some gnar!” – Megan
– “Hello there! I moved here from Illinois last year and tried snowboarding for the first time last season. Fell in love with the sport and bought a pass to Sierra at Tahoe as well as an Epic Local for the upcoming season! Along with a ton of awesome gear so I don’t have to stand in long rental lines anymore. I’m interested in finding people who plan on getting out to Tahoe pretty much every weekend this season. I was told I should come here, so here I am!” – Marcus
– “I am an intermediate skier living in the East Bay. “I’d like to go ski more often than I used to. Willing to team up with others to share rides to Tahoe. I have flexible schedule and can go most days during the week. I am professional in the tech field. Prefer to go Kirkwood, Heavenly & Northstar.” – John
– “I love skiing (resort and backcountry) and all sorts of climbing — rock and ice, especially alpine routes. Most of my climbing was up in the OR + WA Cascades, so I’d love someone to show me around the Sierra climbing and backcountry skiing. For 2018-19, I have an Ikon Pass and looking to connect for rides to IKON resorts.” – Alex
– “New to the Bay Area and pretty clueless about the various Tahoe resorts. I had a great ski group back East and I definitely miss them. Have Epic Pass and opened to Tahoe trips. Originally from South Carolina have been a Bay Area Resident as of August 2018.” – Matt
– “Hello! I’m AJ, a PhD student at UC Berkeley who loves XC skiing. I also like snowshoeing. I’m hoping to get out to Tahoe on the weekends, and maybe even for longer during the holidays. Here for good company, new friends, ride shares, ski buddies, and also lodging-sharing.”
– “Hi, I’m a Montana-native, newly transplanted to the Bay Area. Driving three hours (each way) alone is a bummer, so let’s ride together. I like to Ski, Snowboard and do Back-country skiing or snowboarding” – Adam
-“Long time advanced level snowboarder. I prefer weekdays as Friday to Sunday are too crowded. I have the epic Tahoe local pass. I go to Northstar, heavenly and Kirkwood. Interested in finding snow board buddies and interested in a ski lease.” – Patricia
Hello there, I grew up snowboarding in Colorado and have been in the Bay Area for the last year. I am trying the Ikon pass this year so hoping to get a few trips to Squaw. I like to Snowboard (Advance level), Cross-country skiing, Snowmobiling, Snow shoeing and Ice skating” – Ellen
– “Always looking for a ride up to the mountain. Kirkwood, Heavenly, Northstar. Epic Local Pass holder. My family owns a cabin about an hour away (depending on conditions). I like to leave the Bay Area Thursday evenings, stay at the cabin, ski Fridays and Saturdays and be home by Sundays. Can definitely host at the cabin. Rustic, but sleeps 3 comfortably. Can meet at any BART station for ride share.” – Josh
– “Hi! I live in Sausalito, expert skier ( I lived in Vail for 3 seasons and taught 6-12 yr olds in ski school), and i purchased the Epic Pass this season— will be going to Vail for a week, Mar 9-16, but looking to utilize Epic Pass more this season, Locally~! Looking for other advanced/expert skiers to carve some turns with in Tahoe, at any of the Epic Pass accepted resorts. Also looking for ride shares to Tahoe, and occasional places to stay/share. I work for myself, so driving schedule is VERY flexible—-prefer to NOT be stuck in traffic, and weekdays are fine with me. I have an AWD Cayenne that fits 4 -5 people and equipment, or am happy to pitch in, if someone else can drive. Im also single, successful professional, i own my own company, and am hoping to meet other singles (men) that are active and enjoy the sports I am passionate about—- which include skiing and road biking/cycling:) Lets go skiing!!” – Janna
– “Hi, I’m from Sonoma and work as a Chef. Been skiing Tahoe my whole life; have a family cabin on Donner. Currently living in Sonoma and ski primarily midweek, storm chaser looking to connect with same, all business; got a Sugar Bowl pass.” – Brannon
** Next step, once you’ve submitted the above membership form, please send payment with the PayPal button below. Once payment have been processed, we’ll send you an invite to join the forum. Look for our invite in your inbox (with some email services, it may show up in the spam folder). Please note: allow up to 24 hours (Mon – Fri, non-holidays, 9am to 5pm) for your membership application to be processed and an invite to be sent to the email you specified in the form above. Questions? .
* Please note: the group’s name was changed from Ski Pals to Snow Pals to be inclusive of all snow sports (ski, snowboard, Alpine skiing, kite-skiing, riding, cross-country, telemark, backcountry, ice skating, snowshoeing, sledding, tubing, ice hockey, snowmobiling, etc). For the group’s forum, we still use the ski_pal name so you’ll be getting an invite from ski_pal to join the group’s forum.
♥ Join SnowPals to expand your circle of ski and ride buddies, connect for Tahoe ridesharing (share trip expenses) and help reduce impact to our environment. Share this page with friends and family via , twitter, facebook.
Mark you calendar for Ski & Snowboard Film Premier Screenings Coming to the San Francisco Bay Area
Gather some friends and family to watch ski and snowboard film premiers to get stoked for the coming snow season and score a free lift ticket at selected screenings.
*Most film/movie screenings will give out a free mid-week non-holiday lift ticket or a 2 for 1 lift ticket aka BOGO (buy one, get one) coupon/voucher. With adult lift tickets pricing of $100 and up, a free lift ticket is an added bonus for watching a ski and ride film which you can use or give it to a friend or family member.
At most film screenings, get a chance to win swag/prizes and ski/ride destination trips at intermission and after the film raffle.
A run-down of the best ski & snowboard films coming to the SF Bay Area
–>> Warren Miller’s 69th snow sports film comes to the Bay Area
When: From October 12, 2018 to November 2018, various dates and SF Bay Area film screening locations.
“Loving the pure joy of winter is something we have in common with the late, great Warren Miller—who helped create and capture the magic of skiing. This year, “Face of Winter,” the 69th installment from Warren Miller Entertainment presented by Volkswagen, will bring new and veteran athletes alike together to pay tribute to the man who started it all.
Watch as the world’s best skiers and riders cover ground in some of the most legendary destinations to honor a face that launched a thousand quips and got us all started on this long, crazy ride. Visit some of Warren’s favorite locations from Switzerland to Chamonix, British Columbia to Alaska, Chile, Iceland, New Zealand and more.
Come along to far off regions, meet the locals, carve faces of remote mountain ranges, and celebrate the thrills of a life lived in high places.
Join in the tribute and continue the legacy. We are all the “Face of Winter.”
Get the following lift tickets, swag and offers with every film ticket purchased:
(1) Free 2-FOR-1 WEEKDAY LIFT TICKET TO SQUAW VALLEY / ALPINE MEADOWS
(2) 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE AT SPORTS BASEMENT
(3) JACKSON HOLE MOUNTAIN RESORT: BUY-ONE-GET-ONE-FREE LIFT TICKET
(4) BUY-ONE-GET-ONE-FREE (BOGO) LIFT TICKET TO ANGEL FIRE RESORT in New Mexico
Face of Winter Film Show Dates and Locations:
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
PALACE OF FINE ARTS THEATRE
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Nov 7 | Nov 8
SAN RAFAEL, CA
THE FOX THEATRE
REDWOOD CITY, CA
THE LESHER CENTER FOR THE ARTS
WALNUT CREEK, CA
* Join us before the film screening to enjoy drinks, good eats and to connect with skiers and snowboarders for Tahoe trips and Tahoe ridesharing. Expand your circle of ski and snowboard buddies at our preseason meetup.
How to get my free lift tickets for Warren Miller’s Film Screenings?
You’re get a voucher at the film screening; go to www.wmecoupons.com to redeem the above free lift tickets/swag.
YouTube “Face of Winter” 2018 film screening:
–>> Teton Gravity Research’s (TGR) Film – Far Out 2018 Tour Dates
What: San Francisco premiere of Far Out, presented by REI
When: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 Early Show – 6:00 doors, 6:30 show. Late – 8:30 doors, 9:15 show. Buy tickets. Where: Palace of Fine Arts How Much: Early Show – $18 advance, $20 day of show, $10 ages 16 and under. Late Show – $20.
* In Berkeley, CA on October 12, 2018 at The UC Theatre; showtimes: 6:45pm and 9:15pm. Buy Tickets.
* For those of you looking for a more intimate viewing experience, this year TGR is excited to announce the return of the TGR WhiSKI series. The WhiSKI Series pairs a high-end whiskey tasting (featuring High West whiskey) with a VIP screening of Far Out, and athlete/production Q&A. All WhiSKI Series attendees will also get swag bags including Yeti Ramblers, TGR films and more.
OCTOBER 11, 2018
DELANCEY STREET SCREENING ROOM (WHISKI SERIES)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA Buy Tickets.
“Far Out embodies the imagination as much as it does a physical space. It is the quest to seek out undiscovered realms and inspire new waves of creativity, enlightenment, and progression. It is the quest to be blown away.
Join the TGR crew on one of its boldest missions ever. The film follows the perspective of an athlete as he embarks on a journey to one of the most remote and unexplored mountain ranges on the planet, the Albanian Alps. While the final destination appears to be the ultimate goal, it is the collective of athletes, experiences, and the array of locations around the world that inevitably drive the season’s adventure. Witness mind-bending pillow lines as the crew camps out deep in the Purcell Mountains of British Columbia. Experience urban madness in Kamchatka and the insanity of the Crazy Mountains in Montana. Join the crew in the Slovenian Alps for over-the-head cold smoke and watch an 11-year-old rip Jackson Hole. Discover the alien landscape of Girdwood, Alaska in January and see Sean Jordan ride into Crested Butte on a black stallion to shred the Southern Rockies. Find out if the wildest and most untamed mountains in Europe let us in, and if the ultimate destination became a reality.
Whether you choose to come to the family-friendly early show or party with us at the late show, it’s sure to be a great night. There will be athlete appearances, plus a ton of prizes from our partners at Yeti, The North Face, Atomic, Volkl, TGR and more, plus everyone in attendance will get a buy-one-day-get-the-next-day-free lift ticket to Mt Bachelor (holiday restrictions apply)”
YouTube Far Out film trailer:
–>> Matchstick Productions “All In” 2018 Ski Film
When: October 8, 2018 at 6pm
Where: San Francisco, CA
KEEP TAHOE BLUE, 3RD ANNUAL SKI MOVIE FUNDRAISER!
Are you ready for Keep Tahoe Blue and Matchstick Productions 3rd annual movie premiere? Get stoked for the 2018-19 snow season and join us for the hottest new ski film “ALL IN”!
This year’s screening party and fundraiser will be held at the JCCSF on October 8th from 6 to 10:00PM. Ticket prices include film screening, top notch food from local caterers, beer sponsored by Sierra Nevada, high-end local wines, chance to meet athletes from the film and opportunities to win amazing auction items and giveaways. Above all, all proceeds will benefit the League to Save Lake Tahoe!
General Admission Ticket: $50. Includes movie ticket, amazing local food, beer and wine (21+). BUY TICKETS.
A limited amount of tickets will be sold at door, first come first serve for $70 (NOTE: this event WILL sell out!)
This years silent auction prizes include:
· Custom skies from Blizzard and Volkl
· Gear from The North Face
· GoPro, Sunski’s, Spy Opitcs, Betabrand
· Tickets to events around the Bay
· and much, much more… all to benefit the League to Save Lake Tahoe!
“ALL IN”, Matchstick Productions’ 2018 epic ski film delivers a first of its kind experience. This concept is spearheaded by a talented group of hard-charging women who wanted to disrupt the male-dominated ski film formula. This isn’t you typical “Women can shred too” film, this is a kick-ass ski film that just happens to feature as many women as men. Skiing isn’t exclusionary, true fun in the mountains can be shared equally by everyone.
Shot in exotic locations over the course of 2018, ALL IN will excite skiers across the globe. Follow the crew from the lift-accessed terrain of Snowbird to the dreamworlds of Japan and Alaska amplified by a soundtrack that will be on everyone’s ski playlist next year. Starring: Angel Collinson, Michelle Parker, Tatum Monod, Elyse Saugstad, Mark Abma, Wiley Miller, Johnny Collinson, and Cody Townsend.
~ where culture, travel exploration and skiing meet
“Twenty-two year old Swede, Lovisa Rosengren, chooses Gulmarg, Kashmir as her dream trip spot with Cody Townsend and Kalen Thorien. What was supposed to be a cultural trip, turns into so much more when a 3 meter snow storm rolls through the resort.” – Salomon TV
Snowpals’ Top Pick for Bay Area Ski Shop goes to California Ski Company
California Ski Company is a premier San Francisco Bay Area’s ski equipment shop specializing in:
alpine skiing(aka downhill skiing)
backcountry – the only SF Bay Area ski shop specializing in backountry
expert custom boot fitting
professional ski tuning
high-performance ski rentals
What is most important to you when you’re looking to buy or get your gear serviced? California Ski Company provides stellar customer service and has an experienced, knowledgeable and capable staff with insightful answers to your product and gear questions. Most importantly, they care about your snow riding experience and have the track record to prove it — thousands of loyal customers.
“For more than 16 years, California Ski Company has been the Bay Area leader in specialty alpine ski sales, offering knowledge, expertise and experience that few volume retailers can. Our staff is what makes our store unique. We are a group of ski enthusiasts drawn together by the desire to work in a SKI ONLY environment where skiers come to learn about the latest and best products from people who spend every available moment using those products.”
Exclusive promotional offer
Receive a free beanie or cap with any purchase of $50 or more; just mention that you saw this video on the Snowpals website to get in on this promo.
“Please click on the thumbs up ‘like’ button if you find our Youtube video informative. Thanks!”
California Ski Company | 843-A Gilman Street, Berkeley CA 94710 | 510-527-6411